The Science Students’ Representative Council of NASS-LASU which is charged with the responsibilities of making laws and upholding justice for the educational and scientific advancement of the Association has deemed it fit to provide the official report of the Budget presentation plenary session of the 27th Assembly under the leadership of RT. Hon. Awoniyi Abiodun.
Business of the Day:
• Budget Presentation: The Executives-In-Council led by Comr. Olaiya Olanrewaju presented the budget of the Association which is totalled the sum of #8,956,840 (Eight million, nine hundred and fifty six thousand, eight hundred and forty naira). The sum of #8,197,740 (Eight million, one hundred and ninety seven thousand, seven hundred and forty naira) was the total budget of the Executives Council while the Representative Council has a budget of #759,100 (Seven hundred and fifty nine thousand, one hundred naira).
The Speaker then referred the budget to Budgetary and Finance Committee for scrutiny and they are expected to send their report to the Hallowed Chamber not later than two (2) weeks.
• Faculty Levy: Honourable Members deliberated on Faculty levy of the Association and resolute that the faculty levy should be paid alongside the departmental levy of all students. Faculty levy for 100L students is #500 while that of Staylites will be determined by the Executives subject to the ratification of the Parliament.
• Prof. Oluwole Omikorede Science Essay Competition: The Academic and Tutorial Committee led by the Vice President of the Association in person of Comr. Salami Fatimoh submitted a proposal to the Hallowed Chamber titled “Prof. Oluwole Omikorede Science Essay Competition.” The proposal was about enhancing the writing skills of Scientists. After much deliberation from the Vice President and Honourable Members, the House resolute that the Competition will hold annually and marking shall be in two sessions which are by the Lecturers in the faculty and also invited Dignitaries.
• Election Petition Tribunal Bill: A bill was sponsored by Hon. Ogboye Emelda of Botany Constituency, Hon. Ayinde Kodaolu of Fisheries Constituency and Hon. Soyiga Samuel of Biochemistry Constituency on “Establishment of Election Petition Tribunal.” House Committee on Standing Orders and Bills submitted their report on the Bill. The Hallowed Chamber did the second and third reading of the Bill and it was passed with a vote of 45 votes to 2 votes. The Speaker appreciated the doggedness and sagacity of the sponsors and Honourable members.
• Any Other Business: Hon. Sulaimon Damilola of Chemistry Constituency talked about the Alumnus Toilet in Faculty of Science that was abandoned because the Pumping Machine was faulty. The Speaker told the Clerk to send a letter of the Welfare Director to work on the issue raised and get back to the House within five (5) working days.
• Trip to Lagos State House of Assembly: In order to expand the legislative experience, knowledge and insight of the Honourables, the NASS-LASU SSRC (27th Assembly) will for the first time visit Lagos State House of Assembly.
The Speaker concluded by referring most issues to appropriate authorities.
Distinguished Scientists, this information is for effective usage. We encourage you to come to us with any issue that negatively impact the development of core passion in stabilizing the Faculty.
RT. Hon. Awoniyi Abiodun
Speaker, NASS-LASU SSRC.
27th Assembly 2017/2018
Hon. Olaiwon Ridwon
Clerk, NASS-LASU SSRC
27th Assembly 2017/2018
HON. Oladipupo Ibrahim
CHAIRMAN, House Committee on Information, Strategy and Special Duties
NASS LASU SSRC.
27th Assembly, 2017/2018
HON. Garbadeen Mujeeb Oludola
SECRETARY, House Committee on information, strategy and Special Duties
27TH Assembly, 2017/2018
533total visits,14visits today